Wednesday, April 06, 2011

A while ago...

I had a very serious conversation with a friend of mine.
Of noble Austrian blood he had "severe" old fashion ideas (or so I thought back then) but the most shocking was that he was only 18 years old back when we had this "talk". I wanted to go to Spain and do a Master's degree.

He kept on telling me it was useless to study all that since I would eventually get married and have kids. He used to say that it was preferrable for me to study something that would help me be a good housewife and a great mother, I just could not believe my ears! an 18 year old man, born and raised in the first world and in the 21st century speaking such things?!

Now days, I think he might have been right! Ha! Why? Because now I am married with kids and I think I kinda get his point of view.

Perhaps study something that would help me feed balanced meals to my darling little one (nutrition) or balanced and yummy meals (cuisine&nutrition), or perhaps make her garments by sowing (fashion design), or just something that would allow me be my own company/business and at the same time take care of my family and have MY own schedules and work.

If only I could turn back time, I think I would do some things differently.

Oh, BTW, he is now at the seminar becoming a Man of God... I am pretty sure he must know something about what he was saying, and he actually nailed it. He will be a great spiritual leader, I am sure.

No comments: